We are a team of audio engineers and videographers. We make travel vlogs, podcasts, wildlife documentaries, and short films and suffered greatly due to poor quality microphones in the initial phase of our journey. And now, we are very much knowledgeable about the best way of recording sounds.
So we decided to help our community about choosing the Best Shotgun Microphones. We want to help our community in another way, too, by awarding scholarships. For that purpose, we are inviting college and university students from the media sciences to share their research about recording sounds and some useful tips. In return, we will award scholarships worth 500 USD to 5 students who will perform best in their research relating to recording sounds.
It will help us spread all the knowledge related to audio recording, and our community will benefit a lot from it. Also, students will be able to have a better future ahead.
Who can apply for the scholarship?
- You must be a media studies College/University student.
- No restriction for the class/grade you are studying in.
- You must have a CGPA of 3.0 or a percentage of 75 in the last exam (or overall) in the course.
- You have worked with shotgun microphones (preferably). But it will not impact the qualifying criteria of the scholarship.
Rules for a healthy competition:
If you want to be a part of this faithful scholarship program, you must abide by the following rules:
- There is no restriction of multiple qualifiers from the same university.
- No repeated submissions are allowed by the same student.
- The submission sent from official email IDs of students ([email protected]) will be considered valid.
What to submit?
See the guidelines, and you will know how you are required to write the contribution essay.
- The copy score for the submissions must be under 10 percent. You can check the copy score either from Copyscape/Turnitin/Quetext before submission.
- Any submission with a copy score of 10 percent or above will not be eligible to qualify for the competition.
- The essay must be appropriately formatted.
- The essay can also include images/pictures.
- Students must include the references from where they quote the information.
- You are free to choose the topic, but it must be specific to recording sounds, not a general essay.
If you still don’t understand how to write, see the sample pages:
Where to submit?
Submit your entries today. Email us at bestshotgunmic @ gmail. com.
We will publish the winning essays on our website along with the name of the contributor. So get ready and submit your entries now.